- Supplemental Privacy Notice to California Residents
- Supplemental Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:Personal Data
In order to access some parts of the Lumedic website, you as a user must first complete the registration form. During registration the user will be required to give their contact information, usually their name and email address. Personally identifiable information, such as name, address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information that you voluntarily give to us when you register with the Site or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site .
You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site. This information is primarily used to contact the user about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest (such as access to clinical publications).Collection of Anonymous Information
Information our site may automatically collect when you access the Site, may include information such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.Data from Quality Improvement Surveys & Contact with Lumedic
Personal and other information you may provide when responding to quality feedback surveys or contacting Lumedic.Mobile Device Data
Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device (as permitted by law), if you access the Site from a mobile device.Mobile Device Information
If you connect using our application through mobile devices, we may collect the following:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services as required by law or policy. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the Application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Administer customer support.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Create and manage your account.
- Deliver targeted information regarding Site information to you.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfill and manage account information and other transactions related to the Site.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Site.
- Offer new products, services and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Solicit support for the Site.
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
- By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, regulation or policy. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection, information security and privacy protection, data/sensitive asset protection, and credit risk reduction.
- Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
- Third-Party Collection
- Business Partners
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or additional information.
- Other Third Parties
We may share your online information you’ve provided us with third parties for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law. Marketing data is information that can be used to improve product development, promotion of Company services, distribution, and related strategies such as branding, and determining customer needs and preferences.
You can remove or reject cookies but be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
You should be aware that getting a new computer or device, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.Third-Party Websites
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.Use By Minors
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 16. We request that these individuals do not provide personal information through the Service. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us using the contact information Connect with Us provided below.Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Site
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information Connect with Us provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.Opt-Out Procedures
You may always opt-out of receiving future contacts or mailings. Lumedic provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving electronic communications from us and our partners where we have requested information about you. To remove your personally identifiable information from our database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service, write to the contact Connect with Us, call, or send email to Privacy@Lumedic.io with the word "remove" in the subject line.Questions
Questions regarding this statement should be emailed to the Connect with Us information that follows.Connect with UsLumedic LLC
1730 Minor Ave, STE 301
Seattle, WA 98101
Phone: (206) 395-6235
Effective 1 January 2020
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. Be aware, there may be legal retention or legal and policy restrictions that prevent us from honoring your request. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the Connect with Us information provided below.Personal Information Collection and Purposes of Use
We collect and use information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you or your devices when you visit this website, provide us your personal information, or have a contractual or business relationship with us or any of our affiliates, (“Personal Information”). Such Personal Information includes direct identifiers like a name, postal address, email address, social security number or other government identifier, and indirect identifiers that may identify, relate to, or be associated with a particular individual, such as a telephone number, device identifier, IP address and browsing history, credit card information, or inferences about consumer preferences or characteristics.
We collect this Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and to fulfill your requests;
- To send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding this website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud or crime prevention, and for technical security monitoring purposes;
- To facilitate the development of new products and services;
- To enhance, improve or modify our website or products and services;
- For data analysis that will allow us to understand website usage trends;
- To determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests;
Starting in January 2020, we started collecting the following categories of Personal Information from California residents who have visit this website, provided us with their Personal Information, or had or have a contractual or business relationship with us or any of our affiliates:
- Direct identifiers as described above
- Indirect identifiers as described above.
We have collected such Personal Information from one or more of the following categories of sources:
- Information that you submit or share directly with us, through registrations, applications, or telephone calls, and email and postal communications;
- Information passively collected from cookies and other website analytics;
- Information collected through third parties or from your browsing activity on other sites, such as on social media platforms, and public databases;
- From one or more of our affiliates with which you have a business relationship;
- Service providers with which we have a contractual relationship and to which you have provided your Personal Information
We may have shared such Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers that help us to run our business, such as call centers and order fulfillment and distribution companies, credit card processing companies, web hosting and development companies, and direct marketing agencies
- Vendors that help us track the effectiveness of advertisements on our Sites
- Vendors that help us to provide you with program, services or educational information we believe may be of interest to you
- third parties with which we jointly market a product
- Affiliates and subsidiaries that may have or may want to seek a business relationship with you
We collected one or more of the following specific pieces of personal information:
- Legal name, nickname, signature, email address, postal address, social security number, date of birth, driver’s license number, physical characteristics or description, educational level, current employment or employment history, biometric information, and/or geolocation data
- Account name, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information and/or health insurance information
- online identifier, Internet Protocol address, Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement
Unless specifically stated, we do not share, disclose or sell personal information to third parties for their own use, but we do share your personal information with our affiliates and trusted partners in arrangements that may meet the broad definition of “sale” under California law. In these arrangements, use of the information we share is limited by policies, contracts, or similar restrictions.Your Privacy Rights
You have the following rights regarding our collection and use of your personal information. To exercise those rights, you must submit a request by either calling us at 206-395-6235, mailing us at the address or emailing us at the address listed below. We may ask you to provide additional information to verify your request. We may not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights as described in this notice. For example, we may not deny goods or services to you, or charge you different prices or rates, or provide a different level of quality of products or services.Right to Information
You have the right to request the following information regarding the personal information we have collected about you:
- Categories of personal information collected about you, and sources from which collected;
- Our purpose for collecting personal information;
- Categories of third parties with which the personal information was shared; and
- Specific pieces of personal information collected about consumers.
You have the right to request the following information regarding the personal information we have sold or disclosed about you:
- Categories of your personal information sold in the preceding 12 months;
- Categories of third parties to whom your personal information has been disclosed;
- Categories of personal information that we disclosed about consumers for a business purpose.
You have the right to direct us to not share, disclose, or sell your personal information. To exercise this right, you or your authorized representative may submit a request to the Contact Us address listed below:Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have about you. However, we are not required to delete information if it is necessary to retain your information to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or a transaction reasonably anticipated within the context of our or one of our affiliate’s ongoing business relationship with you, or to otherwise perform a contract we have with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impact the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- Facilitate solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us or one of our affiliates.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which it was provided.
- If there is more than one request in a calendar year.
1730 Minor Ave, STE 301
Seattle, WA 98101
Phone: (206) 395-6235
Effective: October 1, 2019
We collect certain personal information of Nevada consumers through our Internet websites or other online Service. This information includes one or more of the following elements of personally identifiable information:
- A first and last name.
- A home or other physical address that includes the name of a street and the name of a city or town.
- An electronic mail address.
- A telephone number.
- An identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
- Any other information concerning a person collected from the person through the Internet website or online service of the operator, and maintained by the operator in combination with an identifier in a form that makes the information personally identifiable.
We collect this personal information for the following purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries and to fulfill your requests;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding this website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- for fraud or crime prevention, and for technical security monitoring purposes;
- to facilitate the development of new products and services;
- to enhance, improve or modify our website or products and services;
- for data analysis that will allow us to understand website usage trends;
- to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- to better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
Right to access and/or correct your personal information, or opt out of sale of personal information
If you would like to review, correct, or update your personal information, you or your authorized representative may submit your request via the Connect with Us information below. We will respond to your verified request as soon as reasonably practicable, but no later than sixty (60) days after receipt. If circumstances cause any delay in our response, you will be promptly notified and provided a date for our response.Connect with UsLumedic LLC
1730 Minor Ave, STE 301
Seattle, WA 98101
Phone: (206) 395-6235